Finally it is a bit cooler… With the decreasing temperatures the desire for baked goods rises again – at least for me. Is it the same for you? In any case, the slight change in the weather caused me to finally publish a new baking recipe again. During this extreme hot period I did not feel like baking at all. Maybe it was the same for you? Our body usually signals to us quite clearly what he is longing for. As much as I love a warm porridge and oatmeals in the morning, I just didn’t feel like it in the last weeks because of this enormous heat. I had a light breakfast smoothie or a smoothie-bowl almost every morning. I felt similar with cake and baked goods. During the summer there were therefore healthy sweets mainly in the form of ice cream or no-bake cakes. I already shared many of these recipes with you on the blog.
But as soon as the weather changes and the somewhat cooler days of the year begin, I automatically long for warmer meals again. With the “ decreasing “ temperatures of the following weeks you can look forward to a number of new comfort food recipes and delicious baked sweets. I’ll share the first recipe with you today. The lemon-buttermilk muffins definitely have a hint of summer and sun in them. That’s good, because baked with all the healthy ingredients, they not only taste deliciously light, but also keep you in a good mood. If you like to, maybe already have one in the morning for breakfast?
Whatever… If you would like to try the recipe this weekend – whether for breakfast or coffee, then go ahead. The ingredients are quickly mixed together and the fluffy little muffins are prepared in less than half an hour. I think they taste deliciously light and fresh and on weekends as breakfast muffins I consider them as absolutely awesome. What do you mean?
Lemon Butter Milk Muffins
- 200 ml butter milk
- 60 g oat flakes
- 200 g wholemeal flour e.g. spelt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp tartar baking powder
- 80 g coconut blossom sugar or whole cane sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100 ml rapeseed oil
- 2 organic lemons (juice and peel)
- 2-3 tsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (circulating air). Place the paper cups in the muffin tray. Wash the lemons and grate the peel on a grater. Then squeeze out the lemon juice and set aside.
- Mix buttermilk with oat flakes and lemon peel and let it swell. Divide the vanilla pod lengthwise in half and loosen the pulp with a spoon. Mix flour and baking powder. Stir the eggs and then mix with the swollen oatmeal mixture, sugar, vanilla pulp, oil and lemon juice. Add the flour mixture and mix well.
- Spread the dough equally over the muffin cups and bake on the middle rack for approx. 20-25 minutes until light brown.
- Let the muffins rest in the tray for another 5 minutes, take them out and let them cool.
- Mix yoghurt with rice syrup and pour over the muffins as a topping.